Sunday, September 12, 2010

Apple is asking for your trust...

I was flipping through the promo blurbs for the iPhone 4G and I came across a startling quote

The iPhone keyboard accelerates your typing because it tracks what you type, then suggests words, corrects spelling, and inserts punctuation for you. The trick is to just type away and trust the intelligence of the keyboard.

Am I the only one who finds it weird that I am supposed to "trust the intelligence of the keyboard"? The really weird part is how accurate that pointer is, I have an older generation iTouch and its true, in order to type fast you have to let the iTouch correct it for you otherwise it just takes too much time. The terminology describing that occurrence just startled me, I have to trust my iPod to help me type... just rubs me the wrong way you know?

No comments: