Tuesday, August 11, 2009

road test tomorrow... God help us all...

so I (and about 150-200 other people) are now pastorless. Its for the best but I've been part of a church looking for a pastor before and trust me, it is no fun at all. Hopefully I'll be able to maintain the friendships I've developed in the two merged churches but... We'll see.

I saw Julie and Julia this evening and really enjoyed it, course if you've seen the trailers you'll understand why I was seized by the overwhelming compulsion to blog =p i think I enjoyed the movie so much because everyone was so sincere. They were passionate be supremely believable, maybe thats because it was based on a true story and bot just fabricated out of somebody's head which can sometimes result in fairly ridiculous movies. I really respected Julie's ambition to really accomplish something though, she was aware that at that point in her life she was simply getting by. I wrote an essay about ambition the other day and in it I wrote that ambitious people are not necessarily driven to conquer the world but simply to strive for more than what is handed to them. Julie kind of does that, she set a goal and fulfilled it, not for any more gain than that of bettering herself and learning. I'd like to do something like that. Not exactly like that of course, I don't derrive nearly the same joy out of cooking as either ladies did.
We may see more about this later...

My birthday is coming up :) I am still undecided on the whole "birthday party" topic as of yet. I may do nothing at all or I may do something small.
I feel confident that this will be a year of much growing for me, even more so than the previous years I think because i am starting to figure out the kind of person I want to be later on in life, this should be interesting...

No comments: