Monday, November 10, 2008

Blog Rrrrrroooooolll

So I've decided to list some of the blogs I read regularly. Not really for anyone's benefit but my own mostly because I'm bored lol.

Okey dokey, here goes:
Rantings of a Sandmonkey
funniest thing ever, crazy Egyptian dude who blogs about Middle Eastern/American politics and foreign affairs and other random stuff that he finds funny. Not at all your average middle eastern dude and actually eschews traditional weird stuffs that make no sense at all to the rest of us.
"Be forewarned: The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey. If this is your cup of tea, please enjoy your stay here. If not, please sod off."

Post Secret
You've probably heard about this "movement" as of late. Frank Warren is an artist who, a few years ago asked people to write a secret that they couldn't tell anyone else on a postcard with no indication as to who they are and send it to him so he could put them into a book. This idea increased so much in popularity that he has since put out several books just full of postcards with secrets on them. Some of them are poignant, some are seemingly trivial and others serve to make people smile and they all take a burden off of the secret keeper's shoulder. Every week there are a new batch of postcards that have been posted on the blog and some have comments that people wrote about them.

The Bloggess
This is an amazingly funny lady who also writes a blog with another mom for the Houston Chronicle called Good Mom Bad Mom. My aunt actually turned me onto this blog because other than being hysterically funny, she said the writing style reminded her of me. And while I can't claim to be even half as witty or entertaining to read as The Bloggess, the tangents do sound a lot like me and if you've ever met and talked to me, you'll understand lol.

Small Dead Animals
This is probably the most informative blog I read, nothing gets past Kate. This is a widely read and respected blog talking about national issues and politics with a conservative bent (something difficult to find amidst all the Obamanians and Greenpeace wannabes). Sometimes its difficult to get through but perseverance is rewarded with information, funny quotes and a more rounded world view.

The Life of a Child
I read this because its written by a friend of mine, sometimes its weird and sometimes it doesn't make sense lol but its entertaining and he offers a lot of perspective.

Fly On
I started reading this blog after I read the books by James Patterson. This blog is either ghost written or done by Patterson himself but its from the perspective of one of the tech savvy characters in the book series. I like it because in addition to feeding my "flock" addiction, he also posts some alternative punky stuff like music or articles that I wouldn't have otherwise found. Its fun stuff.

Damn Cool Pics
I actually found this site a couple years ago and its been kept up which is pretty cool. Its basically just a whole bunch of pics and videos from this guy (or group of people) online. There isn't really a goal message or viewpoint to get across, he just finds a theme and posts a bunch of really cool pictures that he finds online in each post. Some are kinda weird like extreme body art or celebrities without makeup but some are really amazing like the village in this monstrous cave or beatiful castles in Scotland.

Well that kinda concludes my blog roll... I don't have a lot of surfing time cuz grade 12 is a little homework intensive so I don't have time but its fun and enjoy reading what other people have to say.

Zhen

No comments: